Skip Navigation Links
1 - TAKE A SURVEY
2 - SURVEY INFORMATION
a) Survey Overview
b) Survey Policy
c) Survey Instructions
d) Hierarchy View
e) Optional Survey Items
3 - SAMPLE SURVEYS
a) CSA Survey
b) MCAS Survey
c) ASPA Survey
d) FRC Survey
e) CTR Survey
f) HHQ Survey
g) MTRCYCL Survey
h) D&D Survey
i) OD&R Survey
j) PMV Survey
k) ATC Survey
l) FLT MET Survey
m) Hazing Survey
n) CVN Survey
4 - SET UP UNIT SURVEYS
5 - SAMPLE RESULTS
6 - VIEW RESULTS
7 - SURVEY ADMIN
8 - CONSIDERATIONS
a) All surveys
b) CSA Survey
c) MCAS Survey
d) ASPA Survey
e) FRC Survey
f) CTR Survey
g) HHQ Survey
h) D&D Survey
i) OD&R Survey
j) PMV Survey
k) MTRCYCL Survey
l) ATC Survey
m) FLT MET Survey
9 - ISSUE PAPERS
10 - SUGGESTIONS
11 - HELP / FAQ
12 - UNIT SURVEY HISTORY
13 - LINKS
14 - CONTACT US
15 - HOME
Show Likert Choices
Disable Item Numbering
This is a list of optional items from which units may consider adding
up to five items
to the standard climate assessment surveys. After setting up your unit surveys, please speak to the survey administrators (888-603-3170 or e-mail
) if you would like to add any of these or other items to your survey(s).
ORGANIZATIONAL PROCESS OPEN-ENDED ITEMS
1. Where does communication breakdown within your work area?
2. What could be done to improve communication within your work area?
3. How satisfied are you with your unit's mentorship program?
4. How would you rate your unit's sponsorship program?
ORGANIZATIONAL CLIMATE OPEN-ENDED ITEMS
5. The most significant factor that reduces morale in my work area is:
6. The greatest morale-enhancing action my unit could take would be:
7. Describe the level of professionalism in your work area.
8. How would you rate your level of job satisfaction?
9. What is the biggest source of job stress that you experience?
10. How is the quality of life in the barracks?
RESOURCE-RELATED OPEN-ENDED ITEMS
11. What limitations keep you from performing your job?
12. What resources would help you perform your job more effectively?
SUPERVISION OPEN-ENDED ITEMS
13. What could your unit leadership provide you to perform your job more effectively?
14. Describe any incident in the past year, worthy of the CO's or higher headquarters' attention, that you feel was "swept under the rug."
15. How could unit leadership better support your deployment process?
GENERAL OPEN-ENDED ITEMS
16. What is the most significant challenge you are currently facing?
17. What is the most significant challenge you expect to face in the next year?
18. What is the most significant challenge your unit is currently facing?
19. What is the most significant challenge your unit expects to face in the next year?
20. What is your biggest concern as you prepare to deploy?
21. The number one issue that your unit needs to improve is:
22. Describe any uncorrected workplace hazards requiring Safety Department/Public Works attention (e.g., trip/fall hazards, structural damage, electrical/equipment/lighting hazards, mold, ventilation, water/gas leaks, inoperative eye wash stations/fire extinguishers, etc.)
23. What sacrifices are made to get the job done (e.g., not using PPE, not using a checklist, etc.)?
24. Where is non-compliance most common in your work center?
25. What are the consequences if someone in your work center intentionally violates a safety practice?
26. How has COVID-19 impacted your unit's ability to execute its mission?
27. What could your unit leadership do to better address the challenges created by COVID-19?
ORGANIZATIONAL PROCESS LIKERT ITEM
28. I am adequately recognized for my job performance.
29. Good housekeeping is an integral part of day-to-day activities in my work center.
ORGANIZATIONAL CLIMATE LIKERT ITEMS
30. I can express my opinion without fear of reprisal.
31. I am proud to be a member of this unit.
32. My peers/leaders consider me to be a valuable member of this unit.
33. An atmosphere of respect exists in my work area.
34. Personnel are treated fairly in my work area.
35. Fraternization issues are handled well in my unit.
36. Favoritism is
tolerated in my unit.
37. Personnel work well together in my work area.
38. My unit's overall command climate has improved as compared to when I joined the unit.
39. Based upon my experience in this unit, I want to continue my career in the military.
RESOURCES LIKERT ITEMS
40. Damaged or worn tools and equipment are replaced within a reasonable time frame.
41. I am provided adequate time/facilities for meals.
42. I am provided adequate time/facilities for medical support.
43. I am provided adequate time/facilities for physical training.
SUPERVISION LIKERT ITEMS
44. My immediate supervisor demonstrates concern for my personal safety.
45. My unit leaders/supervisors demonstrate concern for my family and personal matters.
46. Our unit leaders/supervisors work well together.
47. Leader/Supervisors oversee day-to-day activities in my work center.
PROGRAMS LIKERT ITEMS
48. Alcohol issues are handled well in my unit.
49. Illegal drug issues are handled well in my unit.
Copyright © 2005 - 2021,
Advanced Survey Design, LLC
, All Rights Reserved.
Your session is about to expire: